Fixed Asset Reconciliation
We provide detailed asset inventory and reconciliation services to help clients address gaps in data visibility and reconcile their fixed asset accounting records to the corresponded inventory data.
Home > Fixed Asset Management > Fixed Asset Reconciliation
Physical Inventory to Fixed Asset Accounting
The effective management of fixed assets is an increasing challenge. Cloud migrations and changing regulations (SOX, IFRS, GAAFR, GAAP, etc.) have increased scrutiny over internal controls around the management of fixed assets reporting among companies. Often, issues with inventory management arising from insufficient tracking of asset additions and retirements, inaccurate assets ledgers inherited from prior transactions, and inconsistent tracking of fixed equipment and building systems lead to inferior records – that may contain ghost assets, grouped assets, vague descriptions and gaps in data visibility; exposing the organization to financial, tax and audit risks.
Our services include:
- Fixed asset listing diagnostics
- Fixed asset cleanup and reconciliation
- Implementation of the best practices approaches of fixed asset management
- Conduct a full-enterprise inventory, tagging and comprehensive line-by-line reconciliation
- Data delivered in the layout required to populate ERP systems
What’s our approach to reconciliation?
We have developed a comprehensive line-by-line reconciliation of the physical inventory to the fixed asset accounting records. This addresses each asset until it’s verified as a match, retirement or addition, as described below:
- First, we proceed with the tag number match;
- Manufacturers and models are then compared;
- Location and department numbers are considered;
- Fiscal year additions will be analyzed against estimated acquisition dates from the inventory;
- Bulk purchase entries and grouped purchases are allocated to the individual assets;
- We will conduct follow-up visits with departments to verify any
- Each line item on the fixed asset accounting record will receive a transaction code – such as, unrecorded addition, matched asset, and unrecorded retirement – to link it to reconciled inventory database.
- Implementing the best-practice approach to asset management and withstanding an audit scrutiny.
Deliver the Reconciled Inventory Data to Populate your ERP System
Fixed asset transactions often represent the acquisition and disposal of assets and the allocation of related costs to reporting depreciation expenses. Our independent and objective fixed asset inventory and reconciliation services will deliver the reconciled inventory file in the layout required to populate an ERP System or IT Asset Management (ITAM) system. Increasing management efficiencies and saving hours of rework.
Automate your Data Collection Technology
Manual processes of inventory data collection with Barcode and Spreadsheets poses further challenges to in-house inventory and reconciliation procedures, as these require many hours and even days of manual work in properly recording and verifying information on the organization’s fixed assets. Our RFID Asset Inventory Management Software offers bulk asset check-in / out, automated line-by-line reconciliation, and real-time asset visibility with configurable audit reports, while being able to integrate with leading ERP systems like SAP, Oracle, Sage, IBM, etc.
CPCON Group is a global leader in fixed asset advisory services, providing our clients with accurate data and automated tools needed for fixed asset management.
As a trusted partner in the area of fixed asset management to organizations for more than 25 years, CPCON provides endto-end fixed asset management solutions. Empowering clients to gain insights, manage risk and drive improved financial
Active CPCON Fixed Assets clients.
of fixed asset advisory
solutions and technology-enable
Subscribe to CPCON Reports