Cost Segregation Studies
As a market leader, we assist clients to maximize tax deductions and increase cash flow with cost segregation services.
Home > Real Estate Advisory > Cost Segregation Studies
Enhance Internal Control over Real and Personal Property Assets
Cost segregation studies are performed to identify and quantify building and site components in which the construction or acquisition costs shall be classified and allocated into the correct real and personal property assets and recovery period (MARCS schedule).
We have extensive experience in assisting clients with valuable support in connection with detailed cost segregation analysis, reclassification and proper asset allocation, related to the construction acquisition of real estate. Allowing clients to identify and apply eligible accelerated depreciation and tax deductions, while also minimized audit exposures.
Our services include:
- Detailed cost model of the building and site improvements along with proper allocation of FMV costs to real and personal property assets
- Detailed analysis of new buildings / renovation and related costs to segregate costs of assets, verifying eligibility for accelerated depreciation
- Review of lease terms (including tenant allowances) to provide an cost segregation analysis under a leasehold improvement construction model
- Eligibility verification of individual and corporate income taxes deductions
- Eligibility verification of real estate taxes
- Eligibility verification of personal property taxes
- Reclassification and allocation of assets to proper depreciation schedules
- Verification of after-tax benefits with older buildings
CPCON Group is a global leader in fixed asset advisory services, providing our clients with accurate data and automated tools needed for fixed asset management.
As a trusted partner in the area of fixed asset management to organizations for more than 25 years, CPCON provides endto-end fixed asset management solutions. Empowering clients to gain insights, manage risk and drive improved financial
of fixed asset advisory
solutions and technology-enable
Subscribe to CPCON Reports